Sunday, November 18, 2012

Ramble on...

World without money:
Many a time I wonder how would the world be if money didn't exist and everybody was provided for, just like that. You could get whatever you wanted for nothing. People would have had so many more choices in doing whatever they wanted with their lives. I, for one, would have been a traveller. All I would have done would be listen to music, may be create some, read books, try new food everyday, meet new people, smoke, drink and travel freely around the world. In short, I would have been a hippy. I know my imagination is flying too high but for some time I just want to let it.

Stuff dreams are made of:
The biggest problem with most of our's life is that we plan it. Our parents teach us to be good children and study so that we can be successful in life. When we grow up, we go to a big college, get a fancy degree and then a “good” job so that we can provide for ourselves and our family, grow rich and be accepted by society. I wish it would have been different.

Stuff life is made of:
Sometimes I feel that my life, my very existence is a dream, that the world I see around me doesn't really exist but is only a simulation created in my mind. What if I am deep in sleep and dreaming all this. My childhood, my family, friends, relatives, my neighbourhood, my college, my knowledge, my job, my colleagues and the whole world. What if all this exists but only in my brain. What if someday I wake up and find that the universe is nothing but a “big nothing”, a void - infinite and dark. There's no light, no air, no physical matter. But if it would have been like that then even I would not have existed and if I didn't exist I wouldn't have learnt that there is nothing. I believe that “I am, therefore I think”.

1 comment:

  1. World without money? Interesting point.I am still sure you can create music even now by managing your time.Travel we can take care of, at least once in 6 months , a week long trek should be there in our plans.About void , well no one ever gained anything by thinking about such stuff.You of all know better than me.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is most welcome!