Thursday, July 29, 2010

Recent past, present and future.


It’s been a long time since I wrote my last post. Past couple of weeks have been quite hectic and consuming. Being a Govind Bhawan inmate is almost unlucky. I had to change my room because the supervisor discovered that my friends and I had exchanged our rooms. Although I came out unscathed, two of my friends had to bear the brunt of his sadistic nature. Not that exchanging rooms unofficially is a violation of any rule, but vocalizing our grudges wouldn’t have pleased the warden and we thought it better to not get into any trouble with him.

After room affairs and registration were over, the bromidic classes began. Evenings were spent playing tennis and in endless bakar with friends discussing who did what in summers and what were everybody’s plans for the semester. Three, including me, could find only one way to keep ourselves “really” busy and that was by preparing for CAT. Yes, I admit, the same beaten track. First JEE, then CAT. Now although among the three of us I have the least chances of making it to the coveted IIMs, it will kill me if I don’t prepare while others are busy with the same. So we went to Career Launcher’s orientation session and a demo class. It was good. Then we went to TIME for the same. It was good, too. But the fact remains that in Roorkee CL has been faring better. Moreover a senior who made it to IIMA last year recommended CL to me. So it’s CL finally. Let’s see how things unfold in the coming months and whether I am able to handle the pressure or not. The silver lining is that we have quite a light schedule of classes at college this semester, although I dread that the excruciating Machine Drawing practical classes may make up for it.

Meanwhile I finished reading Thomas Hardy’s Return of The Native. Interesting story and mesmerizing style of writing kept me glued to it. Now I am reading The Motorcycle Diaries by Che Guevara. I was also able to lay my hands on a senior’s big collection of movies and since then I have been watching almost a movie a day. I saw The Raging Bull, Finding Neverland, Kungfu Hustle, and Vicky Cristina Barcelona. Except the third one, all are “a must watch”.

So that’s how it has all been lately. Unlike my previous posts, this post has rather turned out to be like a diary entry. May be it’s the efficaciousness of the book that I am reading.

1 comment:

  1. गुरुदेव ऐसे रहते थे अपने छात्र वर्षों में । यह पढ़ के मैं धन्य हुआ ।

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is most welcome!